Inspiration is what makes your dreams come alive. You maybe wondering why would you dream of living in a shipping container?
If you are like me, maybe you dream of not having to pay rent anymore, and having a place to call your own. Or you dream of a getaway cabin in the woods.
I want to share with you some of the things that were the inspiration to my dream tiny house.
I fell in love with this idea from Pinterest. I saw some other photos of similar layouts, but this is the one that called my attention the most.
My second inspiration came from this converted barn in Australia. I studied these images, and it looks close to 16 feet wide – two shipping containers side by side.
What did I do with this dream?
- I started trying to figure out my own design and floor plan.
- First on graph paper, then on a free app iPocket Draw Lite
So go ahead dream away.
To help you get started, here are a few questions you should ask yourself:
- Why do you want to live in a shipping container?
- Where would you like your home to be located?
- What will your dream little tiny house be like?
- Who will live in your container house?
- How many sq. ft. will you need?
Answering those questions will help you identify how many containers you will need. They will help you to determine what kind of property, size, and location you need.
Comment below to tell us about your dream and share your ideas!
** As an Amazon Associate we receive a small commision on qualifying purchases. We only recommend products we find useful or that we have used ourselves. Thank you for your continued support.